More than half of Canadians rank a great smile as the top attraction when meeting new people. Here's how to make your smile a star.
(NC) The New Year is the time for goal setting, personal rejuvenation, and feeling your best. According to a study conducted by Philips Sonicare a great smile is the feature 53 per cent of Canadians find most attractive when they first meet someone. Beauty expert Janine Falcon shares a few tips on spotlighting yours that will help you sashay through the new year.
• Winter-proof your lips to keep them smile-ready. Buff away dry patches with a washcloth dampened with hot water, then immediately apply a buttery, squeeze-tube lip balm rather than a waxy stick. An emollient formula such as Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 blankets even cracked lips with a soothing layer of conditioning protection.
• Keep teeth in top shape with a solid regimen that includes brushing twice-daily, flossing before bed, and an antiseptic mouthwash every day. Use a high-tech power toothbrush such as the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean, which is clinically proven to deliver whiter teeth in just one week.
• For those of us who forget to floss on a regular basis, try the Sonicare AirFloss, which cleans between teeth with micro-bursts of air and water. You can do your whole mouth in 30 seconds. Get your mouthwash step in at the same time by substituting it for water in the reservoir.
• Women should wear bright lip colour with a blue undertone to make teeth look their whitest. Try long-wearing Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge #8 Iconic Red, a universally-flattering shade.
• Stash a portable whitening pen in your purse for stealth smile brightening. The Philips Zoom Whitening Pen is ideal to quickly enhance your smile.